Frequently Asked Questions
Ask a question
The doctorportal Learning team is here to assist you
Please read our FAQs for a quick answer. If you can’t find the answer to your question, please email: email@example.com for assistance.
- What does CPD stand for?
- What is doctorportal Learning?
- I'm and AMA Member. How do I access doctorportal Learning?
- What does doctorportal Learning offer me?
- Where can I browse and search for learning?
- Can I earn CPD points by completing doctorportal Learning modules?
- Which medical colleges is doctorportal Learning content accredited with?
- Will my completed learning be reported to my medical college?
- Can I save learning modules that I want to complete for later?
- How do I sign up to doctorportal Learning?
- What do I need to do when I log in to doctorportal Learning for the first time?
- How do I add a medical college to my Learning Profile?
- When completing my Learning Profile, what do I enter in the rest of the fields?
- I’m a GP. How do I set up my profile to reflect the RACGP QI points program?
- How can I create CPD reports?
- How do I upload activities?
- I accidentally listed the wrong college on my learning profile. How can I correct this?
- I’m an AMA member, but my account says that I’m on a free trial that I know will expire in 60 days. How do I rectify this?
- I want to keep an annual record of the number of hours that I engage in learning. Can the doctorportal Learning CPD Tracker assist me?
- I am not vocationally registered, or training in a specialty. Can I use the doctorportal Learning CPD Tracker?
- Is there another tracker I can use if I am not vocationally registered?
- Who is responsible for managing my CPD if I use the doctorportal Learning CPD Tracker?
- Does doctorportal Learning print a ‘Certificate of Compliance’?
- I want my medical college to use this tracker. Who can I talk to?
- I’m trying to upload some evidence to my activity record, but it’s not appearing. What should I do?
- Can I upload learning activities from my smartphone or tablet?
- Does doctorportal Learning automatically report to AHPRA or my medical college?
- Is the Medical Board of Australia (MBA) report in the right format for an audit?
- I’ve accidentally deleted my doctorportal Learning profile. What should I do?
- I’m a medical education provider who delivers face-to-face courses, events and/or webinars. Can I list my medical education activity on your CPD Learning catalogue?
"Continuing professional development (CPD) is how health practitioners maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge, expertise and competence, and develop the personal and professional qualities required throughout their professional lives. Health practitioners who are engaged in any form of practice are required to participate regularly in CPD that is relevant to their scope of practice in order to maintain, develop, update and enhance their knowledge, skills and performance to help them deliver appropriate and safe care."
Reference: AHPRA website February 2019
doctorportal Learning is a CPD learning management system specifically designed for Australian doctors. doctorportal Learning offers accredited, peer-reviewed medical learning and effortless CPD tracking for multiple specialties or non-specialty needs.
To access doctorportal Learning, you just need to Log In using your AMA Federal account. You can then create your My Learning Profile and access a wide range of medical education, plus manage your reporting requirements using your free CPD Tracker.
- A wide range of online medical education, links to conferences and workshops
- Medical college accredited learning - from specialty topics to medical ethics, compliance and communications
- Effortlessly tracking of your CPD points to meet reporting obligations
- See your CPD progress at a glance from your doctorportal Learning dashboard
- Print or save CPD reports that aggregate your CPD learning and automatically calculate CPD points to meet your (multiple) specialty or non-specialty needs
- Receive support navigating your CPD points requirements
- Track external learning and save completion certificates in the system
- Recommence learning where you left off
- Ongoing access to many existing and upcoming learning modules, absolutely free.
Please click CPD Learning on the top menu bar to browse and search learning activities. You can narrow your search using the filters provided.
Yes. Most doctorportal Learning modules are accredited with one or more medical colleges and many are also available for free. Please visit the Learning Catalogue by clicking CPD Learning in the navigation bar.
Many doctorportal Learning modules are accredited with one or more medical colleges including RACGP, ACRRM, ACEM, ANZCA and/or CICM.
If an activity has accredited CPD points, then yes. Your CPD activity completions will be automatically sent to your medical college.
- You must have entered your medical college membership number for each college in your ‘My Learning Profile’ for this to be done on your behalf
- This process can take up to four weeks to complete, depending on the medical college.
Yes. doctorportal Learning allows you to enrol in a learning module and save it for later. Click ‘My Enrolments’ to start learning.
Please follow these steps to sign up to doctorportal Learning.
Not an AMA Member?
- Please enter your details into the form on the left hand side of the page.
- Check your email account, open the email from doctorportal Learning and click on the link in the email to validate your email address.
- Once you have clicked on the link, you should receive a welcome email and can now log in to your doctorportal Learning account.
You now have access to doctorportal learning range of accredited peer-reviewed learning for doctors and a free 60 day trial of effortless CPD tracking. This costs $22 per month after 60 days if you choose to continue. If, after your trial expires, you don’t want to continue tracking your CPD, you can still access learning via the Learning Catalogue but you will no longer have access to your CPD reports, tracking and stored evidence of learning. However, you can access your Certificate of Completion for your completed learning from the module information page.
- Click the ‘Log In’ button
- Use your Federal ama.com.au username and password to open doctorportal Learning.
- Complete your My Learning Profile.
Your CPD Tracker is free, and most learning is discounted for you as an AMA Member.
Firstly, you need to complete your Learning Profile. In order to report your completions of accredited CPD activities back to your medical college (where applicable) doctorportal Learning needs to know:
- medical college(s) that you are a member of – this tells doctorportal Learning which CPD program to track your activities against
- your college membership ID – without this, we cannot report accredited activities back to your medical college on your behalf where a module is accredited with that college
- the date your fellowship commenced with the college(s) (optional)
- your scope of practice registered with AHPRA e.g. private practice – this will appear on your CPD reports that can be provided to AHPRA should you be audited.
Once you have completed your Learning Profile, you can easily update your CPD needs by adding or deleting a medical college at any time. Your chosen CPD programs will appear on your doctorportal Learning Dashboard whenever you log in. Please note, you need to sign-up for doctorportal Learning to get started.
- Select your medical college(s) from the drop down list
- Click ‘Add college’
- Scroll down the page and click ‘Save’.
Please note, if you want doctorportal learning to report your completions, to your medical college automatically (accredited content only) then you also need to add in your medical college ID number. If you are not a specialty registered doctor, you can track your CPD against AHPRA and the Medical Board of Australia requirements by selecting ‘Medical Board of Australia’. Your CPD reports can be used to provide to AHPRA should you be audited.
While the remaining fields in your Learning Profile are not mandatory, where your college requires a report with your membership number, it can be useful to add this information to your Learning Profile. It will assist your college to process your CPD record. Where a college has a multi-year cycle based on a membership date, it can also be useful to add this information.
Where a doctorportal Learning module has been accredited by a medical college that you are a member of, your college membership number is required. Otherwise, we cannot report your completed accredited activities back to your medical college on your behalf.
- Sign up or log in to your doctorportal Learning account
- Click the ‘My Learning Profile’ menu option
- Select RACGP from the ‘Select College’ drop-down menu
- Click ‘Add College’ on the right-hand side. Please note, it doesn’t work if you miss this step
- Add your RACGP QI Program ID number
- Click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page.
These steps ensure that doctorportal Learning will track points according to the RACGP accreditation requirements.
The RACGP should now appear on ‘My Dashboard’. There is a useful Tour feature in the top right-hand corner of the screen that shows you the features of the site.
To complete activities with RACGP QI program points, please browse the Learning Catalogue by clicking ‘CPD Learning’ in the menu. Simply click on a module to enrol. You can choose to commence the activity now or save it for later.
You can create reports that collate your recorded learning activities and evidence, by clicking on ‘My CPD Reports’ in the menu. Click ‘View Report’ next to the report you wish to access, then, at the bottom of the report, simply click ‘Print’ to print your report and evidence, or click ‘Download Report’ for your report and evidence to be stored as a zip file for your convenience.
doctorportal Learning CPD reports automatically collate your CPD points activity and learning evidence (such as completion certificates) for your convenience.
You can use these reports for reporting to your medical college(s) or to AHPRA on behalf of the Medical Board of Australia (MBA). doctorportal Learning CPD reports are formatted to meet your registration or medical college reporting obligations.
To upload evidence of an external learning activity (e.g. a Certificate of Attendance from an event) choose ‘Upload Activity’ from the menu.
To reveal all activity types for your college, expand the menu by clicking on the arrow next to the college name. Complete the fields indicated as mandatory.
doctorportal Learning will ask you to choose a file for upload – this is where you can upload evidence of learning such as a Certificate of Attendance. After upload, click ‘Save’. This evidence will now be collated into your CPD report.
Please note, you can only upload .JPG and .PDF files.
You can edit the medical colleges in your Learning Profile at any time.
To remove incorrectly selected colleges, follow these steps.
- Click your ‘My Learning Profile’ page.
- Next to the college you wish to remove select the ‘Delete’ option. A pop-up message will ask you to confirm
- Click ‘Confirm’.
Your incorrectly added college has now been removed.
I’m an AMA member, but my account says that I’m on a free trial that I know will expire in 60 days. How do I rectify this?
As an AMA Member, CPD tracking in doctorportal Learning is free. Your account should not show a free trial, so if this happens, please contact doctorportal Learning for support.
I want to keep an annual record of the number of hours that I engage in learning. Can the doctorportal Learning CPD Tracker assist me?
When setting up your ‘Learning Profile’ be sure to select the Medical Board of Australia (MBA) as one of your medical colleges. Adding the MBA to your profile will enable you to view a report detailing the number of hours logged for each learning activity. You can then view or print the report to keep track of your CPD activity hours.
Please note, you can add the MBA to your Learning Profile anytime, but it will not log completed hours of learning retrospectively.
I am not vocationally registered, or training in a specialty. Can I use the doctorportal Learning CPD Tracker?
Absolutely. doctorportal Learning is perfect for your CPD tracking needs and will provide you with free or paid learning modules to ensure you meet your Medical Board of Australia (MBA) reporting obligations. Please ensure ‘Medical Board of Australia – CPD’ is selected in your ‘Learning Profile’, so doctorportal Learning can track your CPD activities against the MBA’s requirements.
You can print or download your CPD report at the end of the reporting cycle should you need to demonstrate your CPD activities to the Medical Board of Australia. The format of the report perfectly meets your MBA reporting obligations.
The doctorportal Learning team is not aware of one.
Every Australian medical practitioner is individually responsible for undertaking and managing their own continuing professional development (CPD). doctorportal Learning offers a range of learning opportunities, including accredited modules that attract CPD. The CPD Tracker makes it easy to manage your ongoing Medical Board of Australia (MBA) registration and reporting requirements.
By signing up, you agree that doctorportal Learning is intended to be used for support and guidance but is not responsible for your CPD or reporting obligations. Click here to learn more about medical professional CPD obligations.
If you are using the doctorportal CPD Tracker, it will print a summary report detailing your complete CPD record listed against your college or Medical Board of Australia (MBA) requirements, which you can submit to your college, or directly to the AHPRA. The report can either be printed with all evidence attached, or it can be downloaded into a .ZIP file that will contain all individual files, including the summary report of your activities.
To access the reporting functions, please select ‘My CPD Reports’ from the menu bar, then ‘View Reports’. The print or download options are available at the bottom of your summary report page.
Please forward all college enquiries to doctorportal Learning by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
doctorportal Learning can only upload .PDF documents and .JPG image files. Modifiable documents including Microsoft Word or TXT files are unable to be uploaded as evidence. There are many freeware programs that will allow you to convert documents into PDF prior to uploading them into doctorportal Learning.
Yes, you can. Please follow these easy steps.
- Log in to doctorportal Learning using a web browser on your mobile device.
- From the main doctorportal web page displayed in a mobile compatible layout, select the menu button to open the mobile compatible menu layout for doctorportal.
- Click on ‘Upload Activity’
- Follow the ‘+Upload Activity’ prompt at the top of the screen to be taken to the CPD Activity Upload form.
- Complete the Upload Activity form just as you would if you were using your computer. Please remember to fill in as many details as you can to avoid any error messages preventing your activity from uploading the first time, including uploading evidence of participation that meets your medical college or MBA CPD requirements.
You are done! Check your entry or add another. If you have any difficulty with the CPD Tracker you can always contact the doctorportal Learning team by emailing: email@example.com for assistance.
If you are a member of the RACGP or ACRRM and the module you complete has been accredited with either or both colleges, your CPD points will be uploaded by the doctorportal Learning team to that college on your behalf, providing you have included your college member number in your learning profile. It will also be recorded in your doctorportal Learning CPD Tracker if you are an AMA Member or doctorportal Learning CPD Tracker Subscriber.
For any other college, unless it is indicated on the Learning Catalogue module information page, the CPD Tracker will not send a report to your medical college or the Medical Board of Australia (MBA) on your behalf. This is your responsibility. You can download or print your CPD Report anytime to send to your college or the MBA. Please note, for non-AMA Members, a download of your report is not available when your free trial period has expired unless you become a doctorportal Learning CPD Tracker Subscriber.
To print a report the CPD Tracker gives you two options. You can print or download the contents of your CPD record against your nominated medical college and/or the MBA as a single .PDF file, or as a .ZIP file containing the complete summary of your CPD and learning evidence.
This report is produced in a format that meets the Medical Board of Australia (MBA) requirements should you be asked by AHPRA to submit a complete record of your CPD activity. Please click ‘My CPD Reports’ in the menu bar to access your doctorportal Learning report(s).
Yes. The MBA and AHPRA have reviewed the report template and provided input, so be assured that the report produced by the doctorportal Learning CPD Tracker is in the correct format and can be provided for auditing purposes.
Don’t worry, we can help. Please contact our doctorportal Learning team by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
I’m a medical education provider who delivers face-to-face courses, events and/or webinars. Can I list my medical education activity on your CPD Learning catalogue?
doctorportal Learning delivers high-quality medical CPD, and can assist learning providers with content development services and accreditation advice. Listing your medical education in our catalogue provides a high quality, credible context for your education, ensuring it reaches a wide audience of medical professionals.
doctorportal Learning only lists high quality, evidence-based and/or accredited CPD learning. To apply, please complete our online application form. All medical education listed in the catalogue must first be approved by the doctorportal Learning Editorial Panel.
To learn more about our offerings, click this link to download our information brochure and price list.