Teaching on the Run: Teaching tips for cliniciansDescription
Increased exposure to effective clinical teachings increases the reliability of the educational processes and maximises the opportunity for learners to achieve their goals.
The skills of the teacher and the quality of the teaching influences the value of the educational experience. This book outlines the processes of the educational experience when 'Teaching on the Run'.
If you are a busy medical teacher then this excellent little book will provide you with succinct, practical and accessible teaching tools. Easy to read, simply formatted and handy to carry, you will find this a perfect teaching companion. Each topic is of high-interest to practicing doctors, incorporates some educational theory, plenty of practical information and ideas for implementation.
Fiona R Lake, Gerard Ryan
Book (for purchase)
- Build teaching activities on the provided educational framework
- List a few concise instructions in common elements of clinical teaching and explore in more detail by following-up on provided references
- Implement a theoretical background for teachers and supervisors working in a clinical context and address areas of practical concern, such as the involvement of patients and support of the learner in difficult situations
- Doctors as teachers
- Educational guides for teaching in a clinical setting
- Planning a teaching episode
- Teaching with patients
- Teaching a skill
- Determining competence
- Effective use of questions
- Assessment and appraisal
- In-training assessment
- Giving feedback
- The junior doctor in difficulty
- Planning for learning during clinical attachments
- Being a good supervisor - preventing problems
- Teaching in ambulatory care
AMA Members receive a 10% discount. Discounts apply for purchases over 10 copies.
Medical teacher, mentor, supervisor, educational framework, teaching scenarios, clinical teaching, skill, learning, practical
GP, Consultant, Doctor in Training (DIT), International Medical Graduate, Overseas Trained Doctor, Medical Teacher, Mentor, Supervisor, Clinician