Basic Life Support CourseDescription
Meet your professional requirements to be current in BLS by completing the CRANAplus BLS course online and undertaking your practical assessment via a virtual platform at a time and place that suits you.
1 hour Online Course and Virtual Clinical Assessment
ACRRM 10 PDP
RACGP (Category 2) 5 QI&CPD points
- Perform BLS as per Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines for the adult, child and infant
- Describe the components of the BLS algorithm (DRSABCD)
- List the steps in using an automated external defibrillator (AED) and safety precautions
- Discuss cessation of BLS
- Introduction, Ethical, Medicolegal and WHS considerations around Basic Life Support
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Post Arrest Care
Based on the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines and best practice principles, course content meets the requirements for medical professionals to be certified in CPR. Following successful completion, you will be awarded a Basic Life Support Certificate and have the skills required for the first line management of the patient in cardiac arrest.
Virtual Clinical Assessment
By registering for this module, you agree to complete the CRANAplus clinical assessment. Once you have access to the required equipment please contact CRANAplus directly via email email@example.com to arrange a practical assessment via Skype (or equivalent) with a CRANAplus assessor.
To view a list of resources required to complete the assessment online with a virtual assessor, please click here.
Basic Life Support, CPR certification
GP, GP Registrar, Consultant, Doctors in Training/DIT, Junior Doctor, Medical Student, International Medical Graduate, Overseas Trained Doctor